Wednesday, February 14, 2007

A Late Goodbye...

I always say, everything that has a beginning, has an end. I also feel, every end, is just another beginning.

After a shade under a year at a community blogsite, sulekha.com, I've decided to move to somewhere else. Somewhere I can write what I want to write, write what I want to read... irrespective of fact if anyone else reads or wants to read what I write. Coz no matter how much I enjoy the feedback for my tales, it will always be distant second to the joy and exhilaration that writing gives me.

Correction. Not writing, but storytelling. Nothing gives me more joy than weaving intricate webs of stories from the gossamer strands of ideas and thoughts and visions that swim around my head.

As I already said, am in search of somewhere I belong, my stories belong. Over next few weeks I will be testing out waters of three different kingdoms... Blogspot, Wordpress and Livejournal. I might start off by posting some of my stories already posted on Sulekha and a select few that haven't seen light of the virtual worlds that exist, then I will move on to posting new stories and sagas.

And as I also said, every end is just another beginning. So this journey too will begin from an end, A Late Goodbye... the last thing I wrote at sulekha.

A Late Goodbye

The Fat Lady sings,
a familiar ring,
Final applause,
echoes, in empty halls,
curtain falls,
a road beckons a kingdom calls,
Shiny happy people,
shiny happy faces,
a mask within mask,
life's traces,
A mirror breaks,
a storyteller dies,
a reflection lives,
a butterfly cries,
Darkness falls,
time for goodbye,
a silent requiem,
eyes gone dry...
A Late Goodbye.

1 comment:

Pratibha said...

Hey Req...how long will you keep us waiting...where are the stories?